[Kids Note Terms and Conditions of Location Services]
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Terms and Conditions of Location Services is to prescribe the rights, obligations and
responsibilities and any necessary matters between Kids Note, Inc. (hereinafter, the "Company") and subscribers
who use the company's location services (hereinafter, the "Subscriber")
Article 2 (Effect and Changes of the Terms and Conditions)
- This Term and Conditions shall be effective upon the subscriber' agreement and registration thereafter as
the user of this service.
- The company may modify the Terms and Conditions to reflect any changes in laws and regulations or location
- If the Terms and Conditions change, the company shall post at least 7 days’ prior notice of such change via
its websites or any other notice board pages.
- Provided, however, that any modification causes a significant change in users' rights, the company shall
post 30 days' prior notice of such change.
Article 3 (Additional Rules)
Any matters that are not specified in this Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the Act on the Protection,
Use, Etc. of Location Information, Telecommunications Business Act, Act on Promotion of Information and
Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection and other relevant laws and regulations and the
Company's guiding principles.
Article 4 (Services)
The Company provides the Location Services as below in use of subscriber's location information or broader area
information encompassing the present location that are collected by itself or provided by location information
- Providing or recommending search results or contents based on location information
- Notification and sharing of children’s time-in and out based on address of center
- Content tagging (Geotagging) to categorize location contents
- Target advertisement based on location
Article 5 (Service Fee)
Location service provided by the company is basically free. In case of charging additional service fee, the
Company shall inform the Subscribers of service fee and conditions and receive consent in advance. However, if
any data charge incurred while using wireless, service shall be imposed separately and subject to mobile
Article 6 (Limitation and Suspension of the Service)
- In case that the Company is not capable of maintaining the service due to legal reasons or Company’s various
conditions such as policy change of location service provider, Company may limit, modify, or suspend all or
part of the service.
- Provided, however, that the Service is suspended hereunder, the Company shall post the advance notice via
notice board page of the Company website, or directly notify the suspension to users.
Article 7 (Rights of the Personal Location Information Provider)
- Users can reserve all or part of their consent to the collection, utilization and provision of their
personal location information.
- The Subscriber can withdraw all or part of his/her consent to the collection, utilization and provision of
personal location information at any time. In this event, the Company shall destroy the personal information
within the withdrawn extent, and any data confirming the collection, utilization and provision of location
- The Subscriber may request to the Company, the inspection or notification of the following information, and
the correction of any errors that the data may contain. In this event, the Company shall not refuse such
requests without any justifiable ground.
- Any data that confirms the collection, utilization and provision of the Subscriber's location
- Reasons and details that the Subscriber's personal location information has been provided to a third
party under the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information, or other relevant laws and
- The Subscriber may request to the Company the exercise of his/her rights via the Contact as prescribed in
the Article 14 hereof.
Article 8 (Utilization or Provision of Personal Location Information)
- If the Company uses any personal location information to provide the Service, the Company must notify such
uses and acquire approval of the Provider's.
- The Company shall not provide personal location information to a third party without the Subscriber's
consent. In case of such provision to a third party, the Company shall notify to the Subscriber the
information recipient and the purpose of provision.
- If the Company provides location information to a third party designated by the Subscriber, the Company
shall immediately notify each time to the Subscriber the information recipient, and date and purpose of
provision via telecommunications device where such information is collected.
- Provided, however, that any case falls under subparagraphs below, notification shall be sent via
telecommunications device, email or online notice that has been prespecified by the Subscriber.
- Unless telecommunications device where personal location information was collected incorporates any
function to receive text, voice or video.
- In case the Subscriber requests, in advance, a notification via email address, online publishing, or any
telecommunications devices other than the prespecified device herein.
- In accordance with the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information, the Company shall
automatically record and store any data that confirms the collection, utilization and provision of personal
location information and this data shall be stored for a period of six (6) months.
Article 9 (Rights of Legal Guardian)
Regarding to a Subscriber under 14 years old, the Company must gain consent from both the Subscriber and his/her
legal guardian to offer the Service and to provide personal location information to a third party. In this
event, the legal guardian shall have all rights of Subscriber under the Article 7 hereof.
Article 10 (Rights of Custodians of Children Aged 8 Years or Younger)
- If a custodian prescribed in the Article 26(2) of the Act on the Protection and Use of Location Information
(the "Custodian") agrees on the use or provision of personal location information to protect life or
physical body of children aged 8 years or younger specified as below ("Children Aged 8 Years Or Younger,
Etc."), such Children will be deemed to have consented thereto.
- Children aged 8 years or younger
- Incompetent person under the adult guardianship
- Mentally disabled persons that are defined in Article 2.2.2 of the Act on Welfare of Persons with
Disabilities and categorized as persons with severe disabilities based on the Act on the Employment
Promotion and Vocational Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities (Only those registered as disabled
in accordance with Article 32 of the Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities)
- Any custodian who intends to consent to the use or provision of personal location information for the
purpose of protecting life and physical body of children aged 8 years or younger shall submit a written
consent with evidentiary documents for his/her custodianship.
- Any custodian who has agreed to the use or provision of personal location information of children aged 8
years or younger shall have all rights attributed to those children under the Article 7 hereof.
Article 11 (Compensation for Damages)
In case any damage is incurred to the Subscriber due to Company's violation of Article 15 and/or 26 of Act on the
Protection and Use of Location Information, the Subscriber can file compensation for damages against the
Company. The Company shall avoid no responsibility unless the company proves itself that its actions are not by
any intention or negligence.
Article 12 (Exemption from Liability)
- If the Company is unable to provide the Services due to any case falling under subparagraphs below, the
Company shall assume no liability and/or responsibility for any damages.
- Natural disaster or equivalent force majeure
- Any intentional service interruption by a third party that has entered into Service Partnership
Agreement with the Company
- Errors that occur during the Service use due to any reasons imputable to the Subscriber
- Any causes that are of no intention or negligence by the Company excluding the cases as prescribed in
the Clause 1 or 3 herein.
- The Company shall provide no guarantee of credibility and accuracy of the Service, or any information, data
or fact posted in the Service, and shall assume no responsibility for any Subscriber's damages caused
Article 13 (Settlement of Disputes)
- The Company shall consult with the Subscribers in good faith to settle any disputes related to location
- If a dispute is not able to reach agreement after aforementioned consultation, the Company and Subscriber
can request an arbitration at the Korea Communications Commission under the Article 28 of the Act on the
Protection and Use of Location Information, or request an adjustment at the Personal Information Dispute
Mediation Committee under the Article 43 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 14 (Contact information of the Company)
The name, address, and contact information of the Company are as follows:
Company name: Kids Note, Inc.
CEO: Jhangwook Choi
Address: 7th floor, 225-14, Pangyoyeok-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Phone number: 1644-6734
- This Terms and Conditions shall come into effect on February 15, 2020.
- The Company designated location information manager who’s responsible for supervising and protecting
individual location information so to handle customer complaints and inquiries. Location Information Manager
is the head of the department that operates Location Services. Name and contacts are as follows:
Name: Sun-ho Bang
Phone number: 1644-6734
Inquiry board for location information: https://pf.kakao.com/_rrHTl